Explaining what homeschool is, and my opinions


Hi, it's Kayleigh! In my very first post that I published, I told you how I am homeschooled and I do a curriculum called Classical Conversations. Maybe you have never heard of homeschooling before, you are wondering what it is, or you are wanting to try it out. If so, keep reading and I will fill you in on what exactly it is, and my opinions. 

If I had to describe homeschool in 3 words, I would say; Family, Fun, and Flexible. Homeschooling is exactly what it sounds like, it’s school at home. You have the oppurtunity to spend more time with your family, whether it's board games, movies, or eating lunch together. Homeschooling is like private school, except you don’t go to a church or an academy every day. You learn the same things that public schooled kids do, like History, English, Math, Science, Geography, and all that fun stuff. Either your mom or dad teaches you, unless you do a virtual school, but I will talk about that in just a minute J. Homeschool is obviously different than private school or public school, because 1, you don’t actually GO to an actual school every day,2, the students are your siblings, and 3, there are a variety different resources or curriculums to use such as; My Father’s World, Abecka, Classical Conversations, and much more. You can also decide to enroll in virtual school, like I said earlier.                                                                                                                          I use Florida Virtual School (FLVS) and it is really flexible, it lets you go at your own pace. FLVS has a variety of online courses such as History, Science, Math, Spanish, Guitar, Fitness, Typing and much more. When you enroll, you will get a teacher that grades your work online and you will have to make calls or a Discussion Based Assessment after each module. A module usually focuses on one subject, and within the module, it has a few lessons. Let’s take math for instance; one module may be focused on decimals. One Lesson in the module may focus on subtracting decimals, another adding decimals, and one multiplying decimals. I like FLVS because like I said, it’s flexible, you have an actual teacher, it sometimes has contests and giveaways, like the live lessons (which you interact with other students) and online clubs. There are many different kinds of clubs such as book clubs, history clubs, chess clubs, and TONS more.                               Once you join FLVS, the clubs are free. I joined a creative writing club, where it helps you to write stories better and make them more interesting, and you can post your stories on the blog. It also gives you daily prompts to help you write a poem, story, or just describe something in 10 minutes or less. I absolutely like it. During one month, it has something called National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), and it challenges you to write one novel in a month. During another month, there’s something called National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo), which challenges you to write a poem in one month. For the school part, you can choose to do either part time or full time. I personally do part time, because I do a homeschool curriculum called Classical Conversations (CC).                        CC is a great homeschooling curriculum, once a week with your mom, you meet up with other kids and moms that do the same curriculum and you do one day of school with the other kids. If you click on this, you will automatically go to a website called “Classical Conversations” where you can enter your city, state, and zip code, and the website will find a community near you. Anyway, I like being homeschooled because:

1.  I get to sleep in most days (I’m not lazy BTW)
2. I am not taught that evolution or the “Big Bang” theory caused the world to form, but that God created the world. 
3. I have more free time, and more time to work on my blog!

The things I dislike about being homeschooled are:
1. Because I probably have to clean more often than public or private schooled kids do
2. I don’t get to see my friends EVERY day like public and private schooled kids do
3. Sometimes, I have to do a little bit of school during spring break or summer, but not too much


If you want to be homeschooled, I definitely don’t blame you because it is totally fun and you get to see your family more often. You also get to watch movies not just on Friday or Saturday, but sometimes during the week. Quick Questions:
1.   Are You Homeschooled?
2.   Do you like it? or, Do you want to be?
3.   Why or Why Not?
4.   How did you find my blog? 
 
If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to comment below and I certainly will get back with you! I hope this post helped you to understand what exactly homeschooling is. Comment, +1, and/or subscribe! Thanks! Kayleigh 








Image result for school desk cartoon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

During the Season of Fall poem

You Should Totally Consider Joining FLVS

All About Me!